Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Tree Hunting......................The Best Part of the Year!!!!

Christmas Tree hunting is my favorite tradition of all!!!!! I love it!!!!! But I have realized that as the camera owner I am never in the picture so this is me taking a picture of myself looking for trees!!!!

We found a birds nest in one of the trees that Dad cut down!!!! How Awesome is This!!!!! I am still working on the kind of the bird that built it but still so COOL!!!!!!!!!

We also came across a Mountain Cottontail under a near by tree!!!! These are neat because of instead running away from the treat they hunker down an wait until they know for sure they can get away safely!!! This allows for some stupendous picture taking!!!!!!!!!!

I was also able to add two more birds to my picture album!!!!!! This first one is a Mountain Chickadee!!!!! They sound a like the Black-capped Chickadee but with a hoarser trill!!!

This one is a Pinyon Jay......................one of the most annoying sounding bird in the world!!! When a whole bunch of them get together and they start yapping it sounds like the are laughing at you!!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are a beautiful bird though!!!!! A very unique blue and grey pattern!!!!!

Be Hold the Mighty Tree Hunters returned victorious after a long and tiresome quest for the perfect tree!!!!! I know the kids had fun playing in the snow and it was actually really really nice temperature and weather wise!!!! I think we all had fun!!!!

I love Christmas tree hunting!!!!!! I even have a little one for my room!!! I have had a little one since my room every year since I was in Middle School and I can't stop now!!!!!! I hope we all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! And don't forget to send me a special "Just Because HEIDI Is Awesome and You All Love Me" Christmas Present!!!!!!!

No comments: