Saturday, May 23, 2009

Boston or Bust!!!!

For our summer vacation before everything got all hectic and extremely busy........we hopped on an airplane and flew a cross the country to Manchester New Hampshire and then drove to Boston! Cody along with Miquelle, Addi May and Macie picked us up at the airport! We saw a lot of neat old building and the houses back there are gorgeous!! One of my favorite time periods to learn about is Colonial times during the Revolutionary War!!!


The Boston Temple was so B-E-A-U-Tiful!!!!!!! It's surrounded by trees creating a sense of peace in the middle of the busy city! We attended a ward that meets in the church building right by the temple!! That was really special!!! Plus because it was Mother's Day they gave all the women over 18 chocolates!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!


I was super excited when I found one of my favorite stores on our walk around Boston!!! I Love Borders and this one was huge!!!! One of my favorite things to do is right when you first walk into a book store is to stop and smell!!! I love the smell of new books!!! Bookstore are just so peaceful and relaxing! I feel really calm every time I enter one!!! Besides I Love getting a new book.........It's like Christmas!!!!!



Heather, Whitney, and myself hiked up the hill know as Bunker Hill which played a major role during the Revolutionary War!!! The hill is tiny in comparison with what we call hills here in Utah but the obelisk is Huge!!! The inside has a winding stair that takes you to the top.................exactly 291 steps!!! And Yes............we hiked up every single one of them!!!!!


So instead of retracing our steps back through Boston we took a ferry across the bay!!! That was really fun but the wind was blowing a little bit which made it a little cold!!! Addi May didn't like the cold!!!

We look so excited to be here!!!!! It was so much fun and though a lot of walking.......which is good for all of us...........I loved Boston!!! The best part was I got two new pair of socks......AWESOME!!!!!!! It was great to see Cody and his family too!!!

1 comment:

Jeniel said...

Cool Pictures!! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I really missed out!!!! Hope you are having a great summer. We miss you lots. And I love your fishy