Saturday, September 17, 2011

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Saturday was the opening of my Antelope Hunt! I had a tag for the San Rafael South Unit which is just South East of the Ranch!!!! Casey and I went out scouting for Antelope the Wednesday a week before and Friday the day before the hunt and found a good amount of Bucks!!! 2 really nice ones!!! So when we went out this morning we went looking for one of them and couldn't find it! Sad Face :(
Then we went to find this one and found him running across the dirt road!!!! Thanks to Casey I was able to drop him and so YEAH!!!!!! I got my first Antelope!!!!
May I just say that it was Awesome!!!!!!!!! Kyan was pretty excited for me!!!!!! Dad, Kyan, and Casey were there with me and cheered me on!!!!! I got him down by 7:30 in the morning!!!

He scored out to be Gross - 79 1/8 and Net - 78!!!!! He is 15 inches wide at the widest spot on the inside of his horns!!!!

I couldn't be more Happy (Happy Face :) ) with the outcome of my hunt!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kris and Kent said...

You Are Totally Awesome Heidi!
I guess he wants to hang out with the Deer at the Ranch? No? I guess Whitney's room it is!
Love you Mom!