Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Elk and Owls!!!

This week for work, I am working the night shift so I get out to work just before the sun sets and get home way late at night!!! Tiring but way Cool cause I get to see some neat things.............like Big Bull Elk and Flammulated Owls!!!!

Here are a couple of pretty nice Bulls we saw!!! Just in one night we saw about 30 - 40 of these guys on the North end of Monroe Mountain!!!!!

Check out how close this guys front points are!!!! They are Awesome!!!!

This is a Flammulated Owl!!! This week for my job we are going out during the night looking for these cute little things!!!! They are hard to find unless you have the right call and you know where to look! We are surveying areas that are future timber sales and so we need to know what is in that part of the forest.

It was so much fun to be able to see one of these little owls!!!!

1 comment:

Kris and Kent said...

Heidi,
I hardly see you any more!! But your job is awesome---I'm glad you changed your major so many times!! It has paid off. You are quite a birder!!!
Love you,
MOM