So this past weekend for two of my classes I had to attend a field trip where we went to several places in Northern Utah, including Camp Williams, Desseret Land and Livestock, T. W. Daniels Forest, and Farmington Bay. At each place we would discuss the vegetation management plans used to achieve the owners goals.
It is kinda hard to see but this is a Marsh Wren, a little bird that lives in marshy areas and has one of the biggest range of schools. This little guys I found at the Natural Conservancy by Farmington Bay.
It also rained all day long the first day!!!! It was kinda neat watching the storms roll into the valley!!!!
The first night we camped out at Desseret Land and Livestock in Rich County. We had all of our tents spread out on the grass. It also rained all night long and then froze in the morning so we all woke up to iced over tents!!! YES....................I love camping in the freezing cold!!!!! This old building use to be an old train station!!!!
The second day we spent all day on Desseret Land and Livestock looking at sagebrush and aspen groves, and cattle ranging!!! These guys are some of my friends that I hangout with in class!!! Most of them are range land majors and so they were fascinated by this kind of things.
The next night we spent at Bear Lake. Though this night was not as cold, it still was uncomfortable!!! So that night most of the professor and some of the students were getting wasted by the fire on the beach and so me and several of my friends that are not into that thing played Phase 10!!!!
The last day we spent up Logan Canyon looking at old growth forest and talking about how fire effects these types of area!!! All in all the trip was going to be better than I thought it was going to be but I would have like to seen more wildlife and less vegetation!
That is Awesome!!!!!!
Monday, September 13, 2010
WILD Commons Field Trip!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heidi,
Looks like a fun trip! I know you love to camp in the freezing weather. You should be here right now--It's hot at home! Phase 10--Yea!!!
Love MOM!
Post a Comment