I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love it!! It is one of my all time favorite holidays!!!! You get to dress up and nobody looks at you like your some kind of weirdo!!!
As most of you know, I enjoy reading books!!! Mostly Fantasy and Sci-fi!!! I just finished a novel written by Melissa Lemon entitled Cinder and Ella! This book like most of the others I have read puts a different spin on the typical fairy tale stories. In this book Cinder and Ella are sisters who live in a dis-functional house with an older sister who gets everything she wants, a younger sister who can't take care of herself, a mother who has combined the two in her head, and an missing father. It is mostly about how Ella goes off on her own, discovers who she is, and the power within her. It is an easy read, I read it in three days, perfect for young girls who are just getting into reading good chapter books!!! I give it 4 stars!!!! ****
Cinder
This book, by Marissa Meyer entitled Cinder, takes a classic fairy tale and gives it a future twist! Full of surprises and action I was on my toes the entire time I was reading it!!! This is not for the tender, feel good readers but for someone who is looking for an excellent sci-fantasy read!!! I really really liked it!!! I give it 4 stars!!! ****
The Seven Realms!!!!
The Seven Realms Series is about a young Princess Heir trying to understand who she is and how the world around her is not really how she sees it! And about a young man, Cuff Alister, trying to escape the fate he has been thrown into to! Their is magic and mischief! What you truely believe is happening is completely opposite! This action packed series will keep you on your toes and wanting more and more!!!! I absolutely love reading these books!!!! From the same author as the Warrior Heir, Chima is Awesome!!!!! Anyone looking for a good Sci Fi book I recommend this one!!!!
Legend of the Seeker
This is my new favorite book and TV series!!!! It is AWESOME!!!!! It is a mix between Lord of the Rings and King Arthur, you can't get any better then that!!!!!
Your Happily Ever After!
This is an amazing book written by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He discusses how each and every one of Heavenly Father's daughters are Princesses and how we too can have our own "Happily Ever After!!!!!!" He explains that even princesses in fairly-tale stories have to over come their own trials and work for their own "Happily Ever After." That we too have to work and endure through our own trials to make it to the end! It is such an easy read and very inspirational!!! Every daughter needs to read this book!!!!!
Snow in the Middle of Summer!!!!
I never thought that I would be working in Snow around the first of July but that is exactly what I have been doing! As of June it has snowed up in the Mountains for the past 10 months!!!! We were plowing snow up about 6 feet deep above Salina Reservoir just this last week!!!! Who'da Thunk It!!!!!
Cartels and Combinations
So I got this book from Garrett for Christmas entitled Cartels and Combinations, written by Mike McPheters. He is a former FBI agent and has first hand knowledge of how these things work. It is a fictional story but it based on true facts. It about a family that lives in San Diego and how they live threw the trials caused by the drug cartel out of Mexico. It makes really neat comparisons between the Drug Cartel and Secret Combinations from the Book of Mormon. You learn a lot about how things operate and just how much they affect the amount of drugs that make it across the border. Its suspenseful and exciting and a book I think all would enjoy!!! I know I have!!! I give it five stars! *****
My New Favorite Candy!!!!
I have always loved White Chocolate!!!! It is so much better than normal Chocolate!!!! Hershey came out with this Awesome New way of eating their Projects!!!! It is Genius!!!! So I am loving the Cookie 'n' Creme Drops!!!!! They are great because they don't have a candy shell and they are the perfect size! You can eat a couple and be completely HAPPY :) !!!!!!! You all should try them!!!!!!!
My New Favorite TV Show!!!!
So may I first say that I love the website Hulu!!!! You can watch old TV shows and catch up on episodes you miss!!!! I saw a preview for this show on the SyFy channel and it looked pretty good so I wanted to see if past episodes were on Hulu and Yeah they were!!!! Merlin is an AWESOME show about King Arthur and Merlin the Wizard when they younger! Arthur is just a Prince and it is Merlin's Destiny to keep him safe which isn't always the easiest thing!!!! Merlin is Arthur's personal servant and youwatch as they grow to become very good friends!!!! During this time magic is forbidden so Merlin has to keep everything he does a secret! This makes for an exciting adventure with some humor!!!! I love It!!!! If you get a chance you should check it out!!!!!
Johnny Depp.............Yeah!!!!!!
So, though I am a little weird and I really really like movies, especially Johnny Depp movies!!!!!! Pirates, Alice in Wonderland, Edward Scissor Hands, The Corpse Bride!!!!! So his new movie, The Tourist, I was excited to see it!!! I really enjoyed it!!!!! I was AWESOME!!!!! He is so corky and unique!!!! I suggest that everybody should watch this and you wont believe the ending!!!!!! It gets five stars!!!! *****
The Lighting Thief!!!!!
You have recently seen a movie entitled "Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lighting Thief" which takes place during our time but the Greek Gods still exists and rule over us all!!!! Percy is the Son of Poseidon and goes on a quest to stop a war between Zeus and Poseidon!!!! It is even a better read!!!! I highly recommend it!!!!!!! You all should read this book!!!!! I give it four stars!!!!!!!!!!!! ****
Dragons are the New Thing!!!!
There is a new movie out that is Awesome!!! It is right up my alley!!!! How To Train Your Dragon is a wonderful family film that is about DRAGONS!!!!! Dragons and fantasy is the BEST!!!!!!!!! I have always loved Dragons, like in Dragonheart and Eragon!!!!!! This movie is extremely funny!!!!!
Dragons, Dragons, and Dragons!!!!!!
Also there is a set of books that deals with Dragons!!!! These are written by Obert Skye!!!!! The first one is called Pillage and the second called Choke!!! They are full of magic, action, destruction, mystery, and DRAGONS!!!!!!!!
INKHEART!!!!!
I have just discovered an AWESOME movie that is good for the whole family!!!!! Its about how there are certain people in the world that when they read, the books comes to life!!!! Accidentally and not knowing what he was doing, Brendan Fraser (You cant go wrong when Brendan is in a movie, He is like one of my favorite actors, The Mummy Movies RULE!!!!!!!!), lets the characters from Inkheart out of the book and now has to put them back!!!! It is Sweetness!!!!!!!!!!! It has fantasy, and in the normal world!!!!!! You should all watch Inkheart!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Confusion Over Come!!!
So I have recently discovered something very therapeutic that really helps when ones mind is going a million miles a minute and thinking about a hundred different topics and your just about ready to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a journal writer and have always thought of a day to day account of my life will be kinda boring with random excited experiences! So now instead of your typical journal, I have started what I like to call "The Random, Insane, Whatever Pops Into My Head Journal!!!" I have only done it a few times but it really helps to empty out the head and clear things up!!! Though what I write may not be for the general public, it can be a little entraining for me to go back, read what I wrote, and say "What were you taking about that day!!!!" So for all of you out there who ever feel like they are too full and are about ready to explode, try writing it down, even if nobody is meant to read it!!!!!
Dee's Best Seller
I have just read an awesome series that takes place during our time but has wizards, magic, epic battles, and dragons!!!! The Warrior Heir, The Wizard, and The Dragon Heir are written by Cinda Williams Chima and they are Awesome!!!! Not only does one young man realize his true potential, but three do!!!! It also shows that you made be small, out numbered, and have the whole world against you, you still can beat all odds and become extremely powerful!!!! So if you are looking for action and adventure with a midevil twist to keep you on your toes, I highly recommend this one!!!!! I give it 4 stars!!!! ****
CHUCK is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so super excited!!!!! My favorite show in the whole world is Back!!!! Chuck started last week and everybody and everybody needs to watch it!!!! Chuck is about a computer nerd turn spy!!! Full of danger, suspence, humor, and adventure, Chuck is AMAZING!!!!!! I LOVE CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chuck is the man!!!!!
Dedication to Glee!!!!
I have posted my Glee playlist in hopes that all who hear it will want to watch one of the best TV shows out there in the world today!! Glee is about a glee club in high school and has all the drama that goes with it! But what makes it so special is that they sing about what it happening like a real musical!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody should watch it!!!! I hope you enjoy the music!!!!
Meet Joe!!!!
This is Joe!!!! My surfer cartoon character!!!! Joe is a Cool Dude!!!!!
Grumpy Macie!!!
Macie is so so so so so cute!!! It was so much fun to have her around for a week!!! She grew up so much since Christmas!! She is even talking!!! I trained her to say "Please Heidi"...........which sounds more like "Peas Hi-eeeee!"
Samantha's Baptism
So we are so proud of our roommi, Sam. When we firsted moved in...........we all had no idea that Sam was not a member!!! But thanks to some great roommies with awesome testimonies and examples, we were able to first befriend her and then share a Book of Mormon with her. Then she agreed to take the missionary discusions and was baptised in February!!!! We Love Sam!!!!!!
With all girl cousins and no boy cousins, Kyan finds what ever way he can to fit in!!!! Even if the dress-up requires a manly appeal!!!!
The Joys of the Little Ones!!!!!
My little ones are so cute!!! Macie found the teddy bear and kept giving him kisses!!!!
Yoda!!!!
Yoda is like the best Jedi Ever!!!!! He is my Hero!!!
Watch Out!
My nieces love to take funky picuters with our computer! It is so much fun see how weird and obscure you can get. They just giggle and then want to do more!!
My Mady!!!
Me and Mady celebrating the girls winning State Track!!
State Track!
Chillin' out in the shade to keep cool from the hot sun at State Track!
The Joys Of College Life!!!
I love college life..........all the wonderful randomness that comes with having a college life!!!! You act like a dork and no one cares cause they're dorks too!!!!!!
What's UP---------DUDE!!!!!!!
#1 Family!!!!
This is my family up in Logan!!!!! They are amazing and truely the #1 Family!!!!
2 comments:
I love the witch costumes! Where did you find those hats and tights?? I wanted to be a witch, but waited until the last minute, so it didn't happen!
You two are so cute.
Post a Comment