Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Road Trip!!!! Mount Rushmore Here We Come!!!!

I have always wanted to see Mount Rushmore and so has Mom so it was so neat to be able not only to go to see it but also to be able to watch Whitney run!!! I think I will go back again!!!!

It's a nice little drive through Beautiful country!!! It was so much fun to be with Whitney and Mom!!!

Whitney and I became Junior Rangers at Mount Rushmore where we learned a lot about how they built it and the guys who did the work!!! They had to redo President Jefferson twice because of cracks and bad placement!!

It's a good thing Mom's holding everything up!!! Be Strong Mom, Be Strong!!!!

Not only did we see Mount Rushmore but also we saw Devil's Tower!!! If anyone has seen "Close Encounter" will know what I'm talking about!!!!

Apparently the Prairie Dogs are getting a little to Fat!!! You're not supposed to feed them!!

It is a good thing that we took Dad's truck, THANKS DAD YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!! We weren't sure that we would make it to the Visitor Center at the base of the tower but we did!!! Good Ol' 4-wheel drive!!!

I have to say that Devil's Tower is one of the Coolest land formations ever!! Even though the weather was a little on the snowy side it still was Awesome to see it!!! I know Whitney will be climbing it one day!!!

It was so much fun and I can't wait to see what trip we go on next!!! Thanks Mom and Whitney for an Awesome Road Trip!!!!

1 comment:

Kris and Kent said...

Hey Heidi,
What a fun time! Let's go on another road trip! You drive!
Love, MOM