Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cedar Waxwing!!!

So this is a Cedar Waxwing. There are a ton such out my front door eating the juniper berries. They are a wintering bird to the Cache Valley!!!! You can tell that it is a Cedar Waxwing by the little red feathers on the tip of the wing, yellow tipped tail, Yellow under belly, Black stripe across the eye, the crest on top of the head, and the body size.


I showed Ira the picture and he knew it was a waxwing but not what kind specific!!! Then Madyson comes into the room with her little Utah bird book and flips right to its page!!! It was Awesome!!!! I love finding new birds and taking pictures of them!!!!!!

2 comments:

Whitney Mickelsen said...

wow that is the coolest thing!!! Oh Heidi I am so so excited for you come!!! I miss you so so much!

Kris and Kent said...

Oh my Heidi--What a great picture!!! I am so glad you are using your new camera and loving it!! Keep Ira on his toes and it looks like you are raising up a new bird lover in Madyson!! Keep taking your great pictures! Love you to pieces! MOM