Thursday, January 14, 2010

Birds, Birds, and more Birds!!!!!!!!!

So these are some of the pictures that I have taken with my new camera!!! This one is a Black-capped Chickadee!!!!! You can identify this bird by the size, the black cap, the white fluffy breast, and the white stripe across the cheek. They are the ones that you hear sing a dee-dee-dee-dee sound! They are a fun a little bird that you can see all year round!!!

Another bird that you can spott all year is the white-crowned sparrow! These birds are different from other sparrows by the black and white stripes on the top of the head but does not go below the eye. The shape and the size indicate that it is a sparrow! This one is enjoying an apple that hangs on the tree in the parents back yard!!!! Birds are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This semester I am taking an ornothology class and already I am really enjoying it!!! Soon I will be a bird expert!!!! Maybe even better than IRA!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Whitney Mickelsen said...

Heidi this is the coolest thing ever... oh my gosh i want go on a back packing trip for a few days with you!!! ok this is actually a really go plan lets do it... really plan it all out.... I miss you so so much!!!

Kris and Kent said...

So Heidi,
I think you can take Ira On!!! You go GIRL!